Classic Readers Level 1
Universal Series is a unique brand new series of graded English classics for students, which focus on the development of students’ thinking skills through the use of stories and activities.
Components: Student’s Book with Online Practice / IWB
Beauty and the Beast and Other Fairy Tales
- Description:Beauty and the Beast and Other Fairy Tales” consists of four famous fairy tales: Beauty and the Beast, The Happy Prince, The Golden Bird and The Little Mermaid. Each of them has a different lesson to teach. You will enjoy reading about the imaginary beings and lands in these tales.
- Description:Moby Dick is considered to be one of the masterpieces of literary history and it is also one of the greatest classics of American literature. The struggle between the white whale Moby Dick and Captain Ahab is an extraordinary adventure. It is also like a documentary that shows people’s struggles with nature.
- Description:Robin Hood is one of the most famous folk heroes in world history. He was the protector of the poor. He was an adventurer and a great leader. The book revolves around Robin Hood’s adventures with his band, the Merry Men. You will enjoy reading about how Robin Hood fights the wicked men and how he helps the people in need.
The Wonderful Wizard of OZ
- Description:Dorothy lives in Kansas with her Aunt Em and Uncle Henry. One day she gets lost and finds herself in a magical world with her dog Toto. She thinks she is lost forever. She must nd the Wonderful Wizard in the Emerald City. She meets new friends on the way. Will she ever go back to Kansas again?
- Description:The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is a story of a young boy who grew up along the Mississippi River. Tom has several adventures with his friends, often with his close friend Huckleberry Finn. He is a good boy but sometimes does mischievous things. Tom Sawyer is one of the most famous and loved characters in American literature and it is one of Mark Twain’s best stories.
- Description:Black Beauty is the story of a beautiful, gentle horse that tells his own life story. The story revolves around Black Beauty’s experiences with different masters and grooms. Black Beauty, which is now considered one of the top ten best-selling novels for children, is the f irst and only work of the British author Anna Sewell. You will admire Black Beauty’s courage, happiness, and determination while reading about his adventures.
- Description:Robinson Crusoe is a young boy. His father wants him to be a lawyer, but he goes on a sea voyage. When their ship gets wrecked, Robinson becomes the only survivor. He begins to live on a desert island.
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Description:Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is a classic of children’s literature adored by both children and adults for centuries. When Alice follows the White Rabbit down a rabbit hole, she finds herself in an enchanted world. Alice quickly finds out that nothing is as it seems in the world of Wonderland.
The Coral Island
- Description:After surviving from a shipwreck, three young boys, Ralph, Jack, and Peterkin land on the Coral Island. The story revolves around their survival on the island. They have to find food and protect themselves from any kinds of dangers. You will enjoy reading about these boys’ adventures on the Coral Island.